Your wedding date is being fixed and you are overjoyed. You can experience a mix of emotions – happiness, nervousness, apprehension, excitement…the list is endless. No matter how many months away your wedding is, trousseau shopping is something that always takes up a lot of time and is among the top things to do for a bride-to-be. With Tacfab’s ethnic wear collection, the traditional wear for your trousseau will be sorted without a worry. From readymade party wear suits to ready-to-stitch suit sets for occasions or daily wear, Tacfab is your one-stop-shop!
In conversation with our experienced designers, we have compiled this list of trousseau essentials for every bride-to-be. Read on!
1. Plain Suit with a Rich Banarasi Dupatta: Pick a Silk, Chanderi or Georgette plain kurta and choose a style you like – long straight kurta, Anarkali or a floor-length A-line kurta. The highlight of this suit will be a gorgeous Banarasi or Brocade dupatta in unique patterns. These patterns can be paisley leaves, florals, animal motifs or beautiful circular designs. The gold weaving of the dupatta will also stand out since the kurta is plain, and the gold touch on the Banarasi fabric will add just the bling you need. Some colour combinations you can try are navy blue kurta with Red Brocade dupatta, yellow kurta with maroon Banarasi dupatta, pink kurta with blue Brocade dupatta or a dull gold kurta with a stunning light green dupatta.
2. Full-length Anarkali with Dupatta: And by this, we mean a heavy Anarkali suit with embellishments. You can either pick a suit with detailed embroidery on the top or can go with one which has a heavy border on the flare and a belt. Apart from this also, there are many ways in which you can make it look heavier as this is a suitable option for the first official dinner with family after your wedding, your first Lohri or any other major function that comes up right after your wedding. This suit can be clubbed with a delicate Net dupatta or with a Georgette/Silk dupatta which has embroidery, sequins or zari work all over.
3. Sharara Suit: A Lucknowi suit is a trousseau essential you can’t miss out on. The beauty of the thread work and gota patti embellishments make these suits all the more attractive and ideal for the new bride. Cherry on the cake? We have the perfect Lucknowi suit with Sharara for you. Pick a flared Sharara with an elegant border and you’re sorted. This gives the suit a more formal look and makes it great for day wedding functions and other such outings immediately after your wedding. A light pink colour will make the suit apt for special occasions while being subtle at the same time.
4. Silk Suit: Whether it is that important meeting with your manager or about cracking the perfect Monday look, a Silk suit can never go wrong! One of the most preferred options for office wear, a Silk suit set with straight pants or churidaar is a must on every working woman’s trousseau. Tacfab has a wide range of such suits which flaunt intricate thread embroidery or subtle embellishments, making them perfect for wearing in office.
5. Kurta Set with Pants: Sudden shopping plan with mother-in-law? Or a coffee plan with your bestie? A kurta set with straight pants is what you can rely on for such last-minute plans. Pick one of the soft Cotton ones to ensure comfort and style at the same time. Subtle colours like beige, light pink, light blue, lemon and more will be perfect for such days, when you wouldn’t want to go overboard with dressing!
6. Full-length Printed Gown: First Bhai Duj after marriage, a brunch with the extended family or a small Pooja ceremony at home – these are some occasions where a full-length printed gown will make the perfect outfit for a new bride. The flare and length make it heavy enough for the gathering expected at these events, and the printed look ensures it doesn’t look over the top. Our designers recommend a light base and bright, colourful floral prints for such outfits.
In addition to these, there’s a lot more that you can add to your trousseau. In case you’d like to get your wedding trousseau customized, we have a team of designers who will understand your requirements and will be happy to custom-make the outfits for you. Call us on +919667019555 or visit our store in Kamla Nagar, New Delhi to get started.