It is that time of the year to bid adieu to the winters with the traditional bonfire ritual, with women singing “Sunder mundriye ho!” Though it is a festival that is particularly special for the Punjabis, it is celebrated with the same ardor all over India. So it is that time of the year where you get to get all dolled up and enter the festive vibe. Talk about dressing up, there is just one question in every woman’s mind, “What do I wear this time?” So to resolve your confusions we have here 6 outfit ideas to rock this Lohri in style!
1. Patiala suits: These are evidently on the top of our list. What better than a chirpy Patiala suit to bring out that Punjabi spirit! You get to choose from bold colors and a variety of embellishment options to stand out in the crowd. Throw in some traditional jewelry and a braided look with hair accessories and you are good to go.
2. Lehengas: You do not really have to wait for weddings to flaunt your lehengas. Talk grandeur nothing beats a chic lehenga suit. And you have limitless ways to style your lehenga and accessorize it. Need we say more! If you are confused about color choices, consider pastels for a fresh change.
3. Palazzo suits: Palazzo is one such style that resurfaced like a storm and it has proved to be one of those trends that is here to stay. Oh, the number of ways you can wear your palazzos! Western look, indo-western, traditional, casual or party look, you name it and you can put it together with a single pair of palazzos. Why not pair a pair of palazzos with some heavy work straight kurtas this Lohri for that trendy effect? And now you can easily buy salwar kameez online.
4. Anarkali suits: This graceful attire has remained in the good books of fashionistas for quite some time. Nothing beats a flowy floor-length Anarkali to feel like a diva on this festival season. There are floor length Anarkalis which come as an Indian-ethnic take on the western gowns. Silk, chiffon, Zari embellishments, there are many choices in designer party wear suits online.
5. Indo-western ideas: If you would like to give a western twist to this traditional festival you could also choose an indo-western look. If you are confused, here are some ideas that are ruling the stylebooks of the fashion enthusiasts:
6. Salwar Suits: This is an outfit that can never go wrong. Talk ethnic what better than this simple and classy Salwar Kameez. It still remains as a go-to-option in every woman’s wardrobe when an occasion calls for an ethnic look.
For the new Punjabi brides, the first Lohri with their new family would be even more special. The fashion trends have expanded recently striking the right cord balancing trend and tradition without compromising on the comfort as well. No matter which outfit you choose here are few tips to remember:
It is not just the outfits that you can experiment with but also the dress material, embellishments, colors and prints to show off your sartorial style. Why settle for the usual when the choices at your disposal are nearly endless! So what are you wearing this Lohri?