Celebrating Teej with you family? We hear you!
Teej is when you need to get your ethnic wear game up and dress up in your prettiest traditional outfits. Our in-house designer is here with some styling tips that you must keep in mind as you shop for your Teej outfit:
1. Due to the hot and humid weather, fabrics like Muslin Cotton are the best for the occasion.
2. Statement sleeves that are highlighted with laces and tucks are trending these days.
3. Choose trending colours like pink, green or lime for occasion wear as well as daily wear. They come in bright and cheerful tones.
4. Style a knee length A-line shirt with straight pants or a sharara. This gives a very formal and elegant look.
5. Embroidery work (like pearl karigari, gotta patti detailing and sequins highlights) adds an extra touch to the outfit. You can never really go wrong with embroidered outfits!
6. These days dupattas are really in fashion and can be the USP of any outfit. You can try draping the dupatta like a cape to give it a more stylish and heavy look.
With these expert tips in mind, our fashion designer recommends the following outfits for the Teej get together:
Pink Muslin Suit Set: A beautiful ethnic wear outfit which can never look over the top, this pink suit boasts of a minimal kurta with embellishments on the neckline and hemline. It is paired with a lovely floral Organza dupatta with digital print and machine embroidery to complete the look.
Cotton Suit with Jacquard Weaving: The soft Cotton fabric of this suit is perfect for the weather and the all over golden Jacquard weaving is ideal for the occasion. The suit comes with a plain bottom that you can get stitched as a churidaar or palazzo, and a Cotton dupatta with Jacquard weaving all over.
Linen Suit with Lace Detailing: If you’re having a day function for Teej, this pink suit set is a great choice. Made is super breathable Cotton Linen fabric, this suit boasts of digital print, lace details and embroidery on the kurta. It is paired with a plain Cotton bottom and a printed Cotton Linen dupatta for a vibrant look.
Muslin Embellished Suit Set: This Muslin suit boasts of beautiful embellishments on the neckline of the kurta, lending it a formal look. It is paired with a plain Shantoon bottom that will look lovely as a palazzo and a Muslin dupatta with intricate machine embroidery all over. The Muslin fabric makes this suit perfect for the humid weather and the embroidery lends it a formal look.
Uppada Silk Salwar Kameez: This sea green Uppada Silk suit set look great on bigger, formal occasions, courtesy its Swarovski highlights and other embellishments all over. The suit is paired with an airy Organza dupatta with delicate sequins work and cutdana highlights.
Georgette Sharara Suit Set: Keep it elegant yet festive with this cream Georgette suit set with colourful embroidery and sequins highlights all over the short kurta. The bottom is a readymade sharara with sequins and cutdana work all over to give it a heavy look. This outfit is paired with a Chiffon dupatta with sequins highlights and a cutdana border too.